We live in a day when marriage is under tremendous attack. Even the very definition of marriage is under attack. I even read once that when Satanists meet for their “services”, they regularly pray for the downfall and destruction of Christian marriages.
We are in a battle, and it’s time we pick up our sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) and start praying its truth over our marriages. How much more should we be praying for protection over and strength in our marriages if we know that there are some who are praying that our marriages will fail? God designed marriage, and He has some desires for it. Let’s start praying according to His Word and His will for our marriages.
I’m inviting you again to join me in prayer today for our marriages. Below is a list of 8 specific prayers to pray, and I would encourage you to pass this one on to other women you know and invite them to join in with us. Prayer is powerful, and I believe that God delights to answer our prayers when we cry out to Him! Are you ready?
1. Show my husband and I what unconditional love really is, and help us to walk in it. We can only love each other well if we first love you.
2. Bring unity between us so we can be in agreement about everything. The enemy would love nothing more than to see division and disunity between us. Help us to seek unity and peace at all costs.
3. Make us a team. Lord, I don’t want us to compete against one another anymore. Show us the importance of fighting for one another and not against one another.
4. Help us to overlook one another’s faults, remembering that He who began a good work in us will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)
5. Where love has died, create new love between us. Remind us that love is a choice far more than it is a feeling, so when the feeling seems to have faded, spur us on to choose love.
6. Help us to support and respect one another in thought, word, and deed. Forgive us for making excuses in this regard, and help us to honor one another in love.
7. Give us a new sense of appreciation, compassion, acceptance, and love for one another. Help us to see one another through your eyes, Jesus. Only then, will we be able to love like you do.
8. Show us how to meet one another’s needs in love. We know that our needs are first and foremost met in you, Jesus. After that, help us to lovingly and willingly serve one another.
In Jesus’ name,
Leave a Reply